Listen on your favorite platforms
About the ummahpreneur live podcast
Join Ummahpreneur’s Founder Abby El-Asmar as he interviews Muslim Entrepreneurs at the top of their game to break down business, lifestyle, mindset and entrepreneurship from an Islamic perspective!
Guests come from all backgrounds to shed light on a specific topic or business model that will help give value, inspiration and insight to the audience.
About the episode
My guest today is Rahma Rodaah who is a Somali-Canadian Author.
Noticing a lack of diversity in the market for Muslim Children’s books and recollecting her own struggles of growing up as an immigrant, she became determined to offer books centered on characters that are Muslim and with African roots.
In this interview, I sit down with Rahma to discuss:
– The inspiration behind the first Story
– Gate Keepers in Traditional Publishing
– The motivation to opt for a Traditional Publisher
– The desire to write stories that Muslim Black Children could relate to
– The Gift of Story Telling
– The feeling while releasing the first story
– The process of helping an author
– The Self-Publishing Tips
– A Methodical Approach
– The Fragments of thoughts
– Experiencing Writer’s Block
– Space between the Consumption and Creating
– Advice for Entrepreneurs writing their first book
– Connect with Rahma Rodaah
connect with the guest
Pre-Order “Dear Black Child”: https://www.harpercollins.com/products/dear-black-child-rahma-rodaah?variant=39987344801826
Ready to get started?